The "Are You Nuts?" Interview

Posted by martin.parnell |

Below are the Latest Marathon stats:

  • Marathon: #239 (11 to go, 14 days left)
  • Date: Friday Dec 17th 2010
  • Donations to date: $156,902.42
  • Course: Calgary Pathways Marathon
  • Run time: 4hr 56min 31sec (See Garmin Connect)
  • Aver. Heart Rate: 107 BPM
  • Temperature C: -21C
  • Distance covered to date: 10,085.8km (6,261.8ml)
  • Total number of runners: 1

Another nippy day in the Calgary area. Today, I decided to head into Calgary and pound the pathways. At 7.30am I was running along Edworthy Park. A fellow runner I met asked me if I was going to Eau Claire Market to meet Angus. I admitted that I didn't know who Angus was and she went on to tell me that Angus Cowan was running 25hrs straight, to raise funds for the Calgary food bank. I arrived at the market at 8.30am and there was a huge crowd cheering Angus. Hats off to you, fellow runner.

On Dec 31st 2009 I was interviewed by Tony Harris of CNN. He asked me some very good questions and also said I was nuts for trying to run 250 marathons in one year. He was not the first to say this and has not been the last. It is now Dec 17th 2010 and I have completed 239 of 250 marathons. That makes me 96% less nuts than when I started. However that still leaves me 4% nuts and 4% is 4%. Below is the interview:

The "Are You Nuts?" Interview

During the interview Tony said "Let's see if we can get some money raised for your effort". That was a year ago. I have not heard from him since. Does anyone know where he is? If you do, please tell him that I'd like to chat.

Dr Randolph Randolph's book of animal jokes (ant's)

Q. What games do ants play with elephants?
A. Squash!

Quote of the Day

"People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates"

Thomas Szasz

Tony Harris, CNN: Have you seen this man? He owes me money.

239 Tony

 

 

 

 


comments powered by Disqus